Progress Rail Services Corp. Maintenance Mechanic in Muncie, Indiana
Auto req ID: 4208BR
Posting Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Reports directly to and works under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager. The Maintenance Mechanic performs mechanical & electrical repairs and rebuilds on tools, machinery, mobile equipment and shop systems.
Key Job Elements
• Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and systems as required by the Company and local management;
• Perform and log all compliance requirements as directed by Environmental, Health & Safety;
• Repair & maintain mobile equipment including forklift, man lift, trucks etc.;
• Perform repairs & maintenance on augers, elevators, blast pots & paint pumps;
• Calibration of air monitoring systems;
• Complete high voltage and 3 phase electrical repairs and start ups;
• Overhead crane repairs & preventative maintenance;
• Building repairs;
• Repair & maintain hydraulic , lube , air and gas systems;
• Coordinate maintenance repairs with outside vendors as needed;
• Repair equipment and tools, including welders, grinders & impact tools;
• Keep maintenance area in a clean and orderly condition, with all tools and equipment in good working order;
• Execute all duties and responsibilities in compliance with PRS safety policies;
• Perform all duties and responsibilities within time standards allowed.
Education / Training
• High School or GED required.
Qualifications and Experience
• Must have at least 1+ years of mechanical and electrical maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment;
• Must be able to repair overhead cranes, tools, welding machines and other plant equipment;
• Must be able to work independently to accomplish assigned tasks in a specific amount of time;
• Prefer certified electrician, will consider equivalent experience;
• Mechanical aptitude;
• Read precision instruments and gauges;
• Work from technical drawings;
• Capable use of hand and power tools;
• Work around and operate overhead cranes and mobile equipment;
• Work from heights over 6';
• Work on varied surfaces (concrete floors, gravel, rail car floors);
• Constant standing, walking;
• Frequent bending, crouching, stooping, kneeling, squatting, overhead reaching;
• Lead compliance program;
• Confined space work;
• Push/pull up to 150 lbs;
• Carrying up to 50 lbs.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities