Progress Rail Services Corp. Master Scheduler in Muncie, Indiana
Auto req ID: 3590BR
Posting Title: Master Scheduler
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
Alternative Work Location: Muncie, IN
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The Master Scheduler is responsible for creating the master production schedule for all plants building new and remanufactured locomotives. They create the rough cut schedule details and provide direction to all Master Scheduler I employees. The Master Scheduler works with the sales/bid team on delivery commitments for all bids. They are responsible for executing the sales and order planning process.
Key Job Elements
• Create highest level monthly master schedule for all plants building new and remanufactured locomotives using input from sales, supply chain, manufacturing & engineering and reviewing data from capacity planning, inventory levels and manufacturing on-time-delivery performance;
• Create details for need dates for various components for use other master schedulers;
• Provide delivery dates for all bids;
• Coach and provide scheduling direction to all Master Scheduler I employees;
• Maintain 14 month rolling forecasts, converting forecasts to actual orders;
• Responsible for daily tracking of manufacturing progress to schedule;
• Prepare metrics and reports to present the master schedule data to various audiences;
• Prepare reports and run various meeting for S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) process;
• Create manpower and cycle time data for operations management;
• Coordinate information and activities to ensure customers' requirement dates are understood and reflected accurately in schedules;
• Communicate order status to Program Managers for specific orders;
• Load the MPS plan into the ERP System and publish monthly MPS;
• Take on special projects as assigned.
Education / Training
• College graduate - bachelor's degree with emphasis in business, manufacturing systems, engineering, supply chain management or related field;
• Experience using in MS-Excel macros, complex formulas and pivot tables;
• Exposure to ERP systems;
• APICS CPIM certification a plus.
Qualifications and Experience
• Three to five years in operations, production planning, or master scheduling;
• High degree of proficiency with spreadsheets and enterprise wide software applications;
• Broad knowledge of Lean Management;
• High degree of knowledge of supply chain activities;
• Outstanding attention to detail;
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and timelines;
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills, must be able to effectively communicate with multiple levels of staff;
• Must have effective analytical ability.
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities