Progress Rail Services Corp. Material Handler in Muncie, Indiana
Auto req ID: 4596BR
Posting Title: Material Handler
Job Category: Transportation & Logistics
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
As part of the Traction Motors team you will report directly to and work under the supervisor of the Materials Supervisor. A Material Handler operates a forklift and other equipment to transport material throughout our facility. The position is also responsible for loading and unloading trucks and moving product as requested.
Key Job Elements
• Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with PRS safety policies, practices and guidelines;
• Conduct daily inspections of forklifts to ensure it free of damage and faulty operation to prevent injury;
• Moving, loading/unloading heavy material and equipment throughout the facility;
• Use basic air tools, drill, tape measure, etc.;
• Accurately identify materials to ensure it is transported to the appropriate location;
• Organize material for the production line to aid in production effectiveness and efficiency;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education / Training
• High school diploma or equivalent.
Qualifications and Experience
• 5 years experience operating a forklift;
• Capable use of hand and power tools, including pneumatic tools;
• Work around overhead cranes and mobile equipment;
• Work on varied surfaces (concrete floors, gravel, dirt, railroad tracks);
• Constant standing, walking;
• Frequent bending, crouching, stooping, kneeling, squatting, overhead reaching;
• Push/Pull up to 150 lbs;
• Carrying up to 50 lbs.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities