Progress Rail Services Corp. PAINTER - $5.000.00 SIGNING BONUS in Muncie, Indiana
Auto req ID: 2887BR
Posting Title: PAINTER - $5.000.00 SIGNING BONUS
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Alternative Work Location: Muncie
Progress Rail, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is a total solutions provider of rolling stock and infrastructure products and services. We are a premier employer within the global rail industry, with products and services represented in over 100 countries around the world. With headquarters in Albertville, AL, more than 8,000 employees serve customers through a network of close to 200 worldwide locations, and as one of the most trusted providers of locomotive, freight car, transit, track and signal solutions, we are continually expanding our footprint.
Becoming a part of the team means becoming a part of a rich heritage and a bright future in our global marketplace. Our goal is to recruit, hire and develop a skilled workforce to meet the challenges of the future. Within Progress Rail, there exists a wide range of rewarding assignments and career paths. Our greatest strength and advantage in the marketplace is our commitment to create value for and serve our customers with the best team.
For more information, visit www.progressrail.com or follow us on twitter @Progress_Rail.
$5,000.00 SIGNING BONUS AND UP TO $5,000.00 RELOCATION ASSISTANCE!!
Using state-of-the-art processes, painters are involved in the sanding, grinding, prepping, masking, taping, applying decals, and spraying of locomotives. The paint process covers the locomotive interior, exterior, underframes, and truck parts. The paint department also oversees the packaging department, which prepares the locomotives for shipment.
Key Job Elements
• Move units in and out of booths;
• Power wash units for paint, check for leaks;
• Sand units, mud and glaze dents or grind marks, perform touch-ups and repair flaws;
• Perform surface preparation and masking to apply stencils and decals;
• Responsible for the care, cleaning, and maintenance of booth;
• Assist in preparing locomotives for shipment;
• Maintain equipment and paint kitchen;
• Other duties as assigned.
Education / Training
HSD or equivalent is preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum of one year pressure spray experience, preferably heavy equipment, industrial painting;
• Strongly prefer previous experience with industrial painting systems including bulk, pressured, syphon, HVLP, and conventional spray with array of industrial coatings (polyurethane, CARC);
• Basic PC knowledge for data entry;
• Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics, and other visual aids;
• Must be familiar with manufacturing environment, with use of industrial equipment and mechanics, heavy structural assembly, and ability to use various hand and power tools and measuring devices;
• Must have ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure; converting decimals to inches, ability to measure and read measures;
• Problem-solving ability and ability, reasoning and common sense for appropriate resolutions;
• Must be able to understand and follow safety policies and practices when operating equipment and machinery;
• Must be able to set up, maintain, disassemble, and assemble equipment (spray guns, paint mixer, pumps); ability to learn pro-mix paint system;
• Must be able to perform the following for the duration of shift;
• Prolonged kneeling, bending, squatting, or lying flat to apply or install fixtures;
• Occasional pushing/pulling objects through openings on unit;
• Occasional climbing stairs or ladders;
• Occasional lifting objects between weight range of 5-60 lbs;
• Frequent periods of sitting or standing in confined or cramped spaces;
• Periodically walking short and long distances.
Progress Rail offers an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Position employment status may affect benefits eligibility.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled