Progress Rail Services Corp. Project Engineer - Test 3rd Shift in Muncie, Indiana
Auto req ID: 3373BR
Posting Title: Project Engineer - Test 3rd Shift
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
This is a fast-paced engineering support position for the Locomotive Test Department. The position will be responsible for the safe and accurate testing of locomotives and will lead teams through the testing process. The position will provide technical support to teams, as well as be accountable for the completion of units.
Key Job Elements
• Oversee completion of testing on assigned locomotives;
• Train new employees on testing processes and procedures and locomotive systems;
• Coach employees to develop locomotive systems expertise;
• Ensure testing activities are on schedule and velocity goals are met; request overtime when needed;
• Provide regular status updates to Test Department Supervisor;
• Ensure all processes are being followed in a safe manner to ensure the quality of the test process;
• Ensure all paperwork is being properly filled out and submitted including test specs and process sheets;
• Provide technical support to Test Technicians;
• Work with engineering teams to quickly resolve issues;
• Work with Quality and Materials to replace or repair components;
• Attend order meetings and drive issue resolution.
Education / Training
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering required, or an Associate’s degree in a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technology field with 10+ years of testing or electrical experience.
Qualifications and Experience
• Technical knowledge and expertise to perform test duties;
• Proficient with test software, record-keeping and systems;
• Ability to coach, mentor and train employees;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Effective team building skills;
• Strong problem solving abilities;
• Knowledge of safety rules and regulations relevant to functional area and facility.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities