Progress Rail Services Corp. Safety/Health Representative in Muncie, Indiana
Auto req ID: 3603BR
Posting Title: Safety/Health Representative
Job Category: Environmental/Health/Safety
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Reports to and provides administrative support for site Safety Manager Helps coordinate the health and safety effort for the operation, including compliance, training, and the health and safety of Progress Rail employees at our Muncie, IN locomotive assembly facility.
Key Job Elements
• Assists with safety audits and inspections, coordinates resolution of corrective actions identified;
• Serves as key member of facility Safety Committee, and assists with leading the committee;
• Enters data into Safety systems, and maintains other safety-related records as required;
• Assists with incident reporting and investigations;
• Delivers Safety training, orientations, etc. as requested by Safety Manager;
• Maintains/updates SDS manuals/materials;
• Administers first aid for minor injuries, refers more serious injuries for medical care;
• Distributes PPE to employees, and maintains appropriate PPE inventory levels;
• Maintains "tracking" spreadsheets for follow-up on safety observations, incident logs, etc.;
• Scans documents in to electronic files;
• Other administrative duties as assigned.
Education / Training
• High school diploma or equivalent;
• OSHA industry 30-hour training a "plus;"
• EMT or medical office training a "plus."
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum 1-2 years experience in a safety, medical or case management role;
• EMT or medical office experience a "plus;"
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills required;
• Good presentation skills;
• Intermediate computer skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. required.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities