Progress Rail Services Corp. TEST TECHNICIAN - $5,000.00 SIGNING BONUS!! in Muncie, Indiana
Auto req ID: 2888BR
Posting Title: TEST TECHNICIAN - $5,000.00 SIGNING BONUS!!
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
Alternative Work Location: Muncie
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Performs a prescribed range of evaluations in the Final Test phase of locomotive production.
Key Job Elements
$5,000.00 SIGNING BONUS & UP TO $5,000.00 RELOCATION ASSISTANCE!!
Test all electrical, mechanical, and electronic locomotive systems and sub-assemblies including: complicated circuits, electrical measurements, air brake systems, diesel engines, and interactions between all systems;
• Diagnose, adjust, troubleshoot, and repair all defects found during testing;
• Conduct track testing of all types of locomotives;
• Calculate and record data;
• Responsible for test set-ups and special instrumentations required to determine parts performance and systems characteristics;
• Responsible for troubleshooting methods to identify problems, critically analyze and develop solutions, and report key findings.
Education / Training
One or more of the following:
• Diesel mechanic - Heavy Duty
• ASE Certification - Automotive Service Excellence
• Electrical Certification
Associate's degree in electrical or mechanical engineering technology preferred but not required.
Qualifications and Experience
• Technical knowledge to detect and record deficiencies and the expertise to repair the deficiency (if required);
• Electrical/mechanical experience with the ability to troubleshoot problems using schematics and other test engineering specifications;
• Understanding of electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic systems;
• Ability to read and understand mechanical / electrical / pneumatic / hydraulic schematics flowcharts;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Required to do physical labor, fixture set-ups, using cranes and impact guns;
• Able to make locomotive repairs and use tools typically found in a locomotive maintenance facility;
• Basic computer skills required.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities