Progress Rail Services Corp. Tooling Engineer in Muncie, Indiana
Auto req ID: 4405BR
Posting Title: Tooling Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
• Responsible for designing tooling and fixturing used in the assembly process;
• Collaborate with manufacturing and engineering personnel to resolve issues in the shop related to fixturing and tooling;
• Research options and present ideas to team.
Key Job Elements
• Design welding and/or assembly tooling / fixturing using solid modeling programs;
• Resolve shop issues involving tooling and fixturing;
• Assembly of tooling / fixturing;
• Assist as needed with Tool Crib operation;
• Take part in project meetings and accurately relay project information.
Education / Training
• Associates degree in Computer Aided Drafting or related discipline.
• Training in 3D modeling. Engineering or Engineering Technology degree.
Qualifications and Experience
• Experience in tool and/or fixturing design using CAD program -
(Siemens NX / Unigraphics preferred);
• Experience in creation of tooling / fixturing drawings.;
• Experience in heavy manufacturing.;
• Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints and other technical documents (including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing);
• Ability to effectively present information to team members, top management, customers.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities