Progress Rail Services Corp. Warehouse Supervisor in Muncie, Indiana
Auto req ID: 3869BR
Posting Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Responsible for all safety, quality, delivery, cost, goals for assigned shift or area in one or more plant areas. Manage salaried and/or hourly team members ensuring standards are met. Lead, coach, mentor and performance manage as required. Identify and resolve production related issues and champion and support lean manufacturing and continuous improvement efforts through the facility. Provide leadership role, guidance/training to less experience supervisors.
Key Job Elements
• Ensure team members work in a safe manner and follow all safe work procedures and work instructions;
• Identify and eliminate unsafe work conditions; ensure timely completion of safety related correction actions;
• Ensure all safe work procedures for their current department are known and adhered to by employees;
• Meet or exceed departmental safety goals for lost time and recordable incidences;
• Ensure PRS and legislative training requirements are met for existing, new hire and transferred team members;
• Encourage team to bring forward suggestions to improve safety; complete scheduled safety talks;
• Maintain a clean shop environment.
• Ensure product leaving department meets or exceeds quality goals as defined by metrics (ie. DPU);
• Ensure timely completion of corrective actions in quality database as assigned;
• Address all quality issues through appropriate channels;
• Work with quality department for continuous improvement on quality and procedures for product quality;
• Champion or support Six Sigma, Lean, CI, 5S initiatives in area and throughout plant as applicable;
• Process discrepant material tags and quality notifications using MRP system in timely, efficient manner;
• Work with quality department team to understand supplier problems;
• Verify suspect supplier parts to print, as well as make disposition on rework/scrap components;
• Make recommendations to supplier on potential process improvements/best practices;
• Clearly communicate with vendors regarding non-conforming material;
• Coordinate return of defective material and replacement stock; Follow up on clean points from supplier.
• Work with master scheduling to meet MPS requirements; Schedule people resources to adhere to MPS;
• Prioritize workflow to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction regarding timeliness of product delivery;
• Create real time status boards; Support monthly ship plans.
• Allocate people resources to production times to match standard hours and thus achieve efficiency goals;
• Manage overtime to meet efficiency and cost targets;
• Track and target all vendor issues and allocate to proper cost center;
• Identify opportunities for cost reduction.
• Act in accordance with Company values;
• Communicate performance expectations, company and departmental goals to team;
• Lead, coach, performance manage direct reports, complete accurate and timely performance reviews;
• Use timekeeping system and attendance management to track and schedule payroll related information;
• Work on special projects as required.
Education / Training
Bachelor's degree: Business, Engineering or Technical education or equivalent training/experience
Qualifications and Experience
• Experience in manufacturing;
• Demonstrated track record to positively coach, mentor and effectively manage performance;
• Experience supervising hourly and/or salaried employees;
• Strong root cause problem-solving abilities and experience addressing complex problems;
• Effective team building skills;
• Lean manufacturing experience;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• MRP system use; SAP preferred.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities