Progress Rail Services Corp. WELDER in Muncie, Indiana
Auto req ID: 2884BR
Posting Title: WELDER
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Alternative Work Location: Muncie
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Perform welding operations on new locomotive assembly, using visual /text instructions and prints.
Key Job Elements
Weld locomotive parts/heavy plate metal such as under frame structures, end plates, draft gear pockets;
• Perform single- and multi-pass welds in all positions;
• Repair welds (using grinders, cutting torches, gouging equipment and other tools);
• Stick weld parts;
• Ensure welders parameters are programmed;
• Fit, weld, air test parts;
• Operate cranes/jib cranes;
• Read and interpret weld reference documentation and assembly instructions;
• Participate in problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
Education / Training
Welding School Certification preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
• GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding) and SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding) all-position welding skills;
• Ability to read and interpret blue prints/weld symbols;
• Familiar with use of industrial equipment (gas cutting, hand grinders, mechanical tools);
• Problem solving skills;
• Solid mathematical skills;
• Ability to meet physical demands of the job without or with reasonable accommodation;
• Safety-aware, quality-focused, continuous improvement-oriented.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities