Progress Rail Services Corp. Carman in Muscatine, Iowa
Auto req ID: 3756BR
Posting Title: Carman
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
• Inspection and repair of railcars in accordance with FRA and AAR requirements;
• On-the-job training provided;
• Repairs include removal, fabrication, and replacement of railcar parts and components;
• Provide support in all areas of ramp and RIP operations;
• Other duties as assigned by supervision.
Key Job Elements
• Inspection and repair of railcars in accordance with FRA and AAR requirements.
Education / Training
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum of 6 months mechanical experience using small hand tools or formal training in a mechanical skills program or combination thereof;
• Stick welding preferred but not required;
• Must have and maintain a valid Drivers License;
• Must be available to work any shift assigned... days, nights, holidays or combination thereof;
• Physically demanding work and involves frequent bending, kneeling, stooping, lifting, climbing and walking on gravel and other uneven surfaces;
• Must work outside in all types of weather conditions (rain, sleet, snow, wind, dust, extreme heat/cold);
• Ability to read precision gauges and instruments;
• Ability to read and understand mechanical maintenance manuals.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities