Progress Rail Services Corp. Engineering Manager in Naples, Florida
Auto req ID: 3954BR
Posting Title: Engineering Manager
Job Category: Engineering
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
This key leadership role is responsible for leading operations and staff in our Engineering and Quality departments.
The Engineering Manager works with cross functional teams (Operations, QA, HR, Safety, Finance) to ensure Continuous Improvement throughout the Naples facility.
Key Job Elements
• Develop and monitor metrics of group;
• Delegate work to direct reports and groups within engineering and quality;
• Monitor timely completion of assigned tasks and projects;
• Evaluation of make, buy, in-sourcing projects for feasibility;
• Staff related reviews, payroll & recruitment; Coach, Develop, Supervise Staff;
• Ensure departmental performance reviews are accurate and timely;
• Ensure employees are adequately training to perform duties;
• Participate as member of Plant Leadership team in activities as required;
• May be required to travel to other locations such as Customer sites; occasional other out-of-country;
• Adhere to Progress Rail & Caterpillar Mission, Vision & Values; including but not limited to Safety Rules & Regulations.
• Wear all required PPE (safety glasses, metatarsal boots, earplugs, gloves, etc.) No jewelry (on shop) and ensure employees, visitors or customers adhere to this policy.
Education / Training
• Bachelor's degree preferred and work history in settings with manufacture of complex, highly engineered products;
• Strong Root cause problem solving abilities;
• Formal Training in Manufacturing Processes, Lean
• Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels (Hourly production and Upper Management) to ensure cooperation in a teamwork oriented setting.
Qualifications and Experience
• 5+ years of experience managing technical employees;
• Project management experience;
• Excellent communications skills to interact effectively with senior leadership, customers and hourly team members;
• Knowledge of Association of American Railroad Specifications;
• Locomotive product knowledge;
• Six Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt preferred;
• Occasional domestic and international travel approximately 5-15%;
• Fuel system experience preferred;
• Knowledge of emissions testing and requirements preferred.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities