Progress Rail Services Corp. Machinist I in Naples, Florida
Auto req ID: 2907BR
Posting Title: Machinist I
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world.
For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
• Responsible for all aspects of Machinist Level II work task. (reference Machinist Level II job description.)
• Responsible for making all components to process or finished print drawing using all types CNC machining equipment.
Key Job Elements
• Must have completed Machinist Level II job description and gain the experience for at least 6 months;
• Must be able to operate and meet standards for all types of machining equipment. Example: Must be able to meet standards on CNC lathe, CNC mill and CNC grinding equipment;
• Must be able to meet all aspects of quality compliance for the component process drawings;
• Must be able to modify a CNC program if required;
• Must be able to assist engineering with improvements to gauge, fixturing, and tooling design;
• Must log all labor and machine hours into Factory Track.
Qualifications and Experience
• Must be able to perform all items listed on the Machinist Level II job description form;
• Must place quality first in the manufacturing of components;
• 7 years machine shop experience operating a manual or CNC controlled machine. (Can also complete Naples, FL Facility training for Machinist II level);
• Must have an understanding of the functionality of fixturing, gauging, and tooling in order to assist engineering with modifications and or development of CNC and manual machining equipment;
• Must be knowledgeable about the ways in which to measure each component manufactured at the Naples, FL Facility;
• Ability to troubleshoot more than one type of Manual or CNC controlled equipment;
• Must have a understanding of CNC programming on 2 types of CNC controlled equipment;
• Must have good communication skills and teamwork skills;
• Willing to learn new equipment and processes;
• Job may require standing for extended periods of time and lifting up to 35 lbs.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities