Progress Rail Services Corp. Machinist in Naples, Florida
Auto req ID: 4148BR
Posting Title: Machinist
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Reports directly to and works under the supervision of the Production Manager or supervisor on duty. A Machinist III performs set-ups and process or finished print drawing. A Machinist II operates at least two types of machining equipment & modify CNC program. A Machinist I has the capabilities to troubleshoot, repair and train a Machinist II or III. All levels may be required to perform other functions or assist in other departments as needed.
Please note this position is for 2nd shift 4:30pm - 3am Monday - Thursday and OT as needed on Friday and Saturday.
Key Job Elements
• Conducts all components to process or finished print drawing;
• Properly utilize equipment and tools consistently, accurately and safely:
o CNC lathe, mill and grinding;
o Gauges, fixtures and tooling design;
o Print drawing;
o lapping machine;
o electric and air operated hand tools or forklifts;
o overhead cranes and other equipment to perform essential functions of the job;
• Follow written/scope of work instructions, standards and or QWI’s consistently, accurately, and safely;
• Read schematics and blueprints and make needed repairs;
• Performs maintenance and troubleshoot of:
o Manual or CNC controlled equipment;
o Other machining components;
• Keep work area clean and organized consistently and safely (6S).
Education / Training
• High School Education or GED, prefer some vocational or technical training.
Qualifications and Experience
• Demonstrate knowledge of blueprints, measuring equipment, tooling devices, geometrical tolerance callouts, gauges, lapping machine and electric and air operated hand tools;
• Demonstrate knowledge of two different types of machining equipment. CNC lathe, mill or grinding.
• Must be able to troubleshoot more than one type of Manual or CNC controlled equipment.
• Cross train in all manufacturing areas
• Support QA, Engineering and supervisor with continuous improvement initiatives.
• Prioritize production process with supervisor guidance
• Troubleshoots Manual or CNC controlled equipment
• Work with little or no supervision consistently, accurately, and safely;
• Ability to read and understand precision instruments, micrometers, and gauges;
• Work on varied surfaces (concrete floors, gravel, metal etc.);
• Constantly standing and walking;
• Frequent bending, crouching, stooping, twisting, kneeling, squatting, overhead reaching, climbing ladders and lifting and carrying up to 35 lbs.;
• Wear all required PPE (safety glasses, metatarsal boots, earplugs, gloves, etc.) No jewelry (on shop);
• Accurately complete basic math skills;
• Must be able to handle cleaning equipment (broom, mop, duster, etc.) used for maintaining cleanliness;
• Must be able to work in moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust or confined spaces;
• High noise (above 85 decibels);
• Adhere to Progress Rail (PR) safety rules and regulations;
• Must be able to communicate and cooperate in a teamwork oriented setting.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities