Progress Rail Services Corp. Railroad Signal Engineer in Omaha, Nebraska
Auto req ID: 4163BR
Posting Title: Railroad Signal Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Our growing facility designs microprocessor and/or relay-based systems that allow for the safe movement of trains. Using MicroStation and AutoCAD, we draft electrical schematics depicting the interfaces between programmable logic controllers and various other pieces of equipment used to control track circuits, signals, electrical motors and communication gear. We also write custom application software based on the location, design, and customer specifications.
Key Job Elements
• Gain an understanding of railroad signal systems through on-the-job training;
• Design wayside signal systems and highway crossing warning systems to customer specifications using AutoCAD and MicroStation software;
• Design electrical and equipment schematics to ensure safe and effective movement of trains;
• Implement quality initiatives at the design level;
• High level of detailed work.
Education / Training
• BS in electrical or mechanical engineering, physics, or equivalent preferred;
• AutoCAD and/or MicroStation experience a plus.
Qualifications and Experience
• High analytical and problem solving skills;
• Ability to work independently and accurately under tight deadlines;
• Skilled attention to detail;
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal;
• Competent computer skills;
• Continuous focus on learning.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities