Progress Rail Services Corp. Sr Project Manager in Overland Park, Kansas
Auto req ID: 4347BR
Posting Title: Sr Project Manager
Job Category: Engineering
City: Overland Park
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Position is responsible for estimating and managing complex transit rail projects from start to end. Will have complete ownership and responsibility for all projects.
Key Job Elements
• Works closely with Sales team and subcontractors to accurately estimate opportunities in the transit space;
• Provide risk assessment to track potential trouble with project progress and completion;
• Thoroughly document all aspects of projects to ensure company interests are protected;
• Ensure projects are on budget and on time;
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
Education / Training
• BS degree in Engineering or a related field, Masters preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
• Technical/engineering skills also highly necessary for this role;
• Five years successful experience in a similar capacity;
• Five years experience managing transit rail projects;
• Must have experience with technical writing and possess highly developed communications and analytical skills.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities