Progress Rail Services Corp. Painter in Patterson, Georgia
Auto req ID: 3454BR
Posting Title: Painter
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Painter in Locomotive and Engine Assembly facility in Patterson Ga. The Painter will be responsible for prep, sandblast, painting of locomotives, engines, and other equipment
Key Job Elements
• Prep and paint rail maintenance equipment;
• Power wash units for paint; check for leaks;
• Mud and glaze dents or grind marks, perform touch-ups, and repair flaws;
• Perform surface preparations and masking to apply stencils and decals;
• Spray painting/priming of small and over sized metal components;
• Performance of surface preparation including sanding, and grinding;
• Responsible for the care, cleaning, and maintenance of booth, equipment, paint kitchen;
• Assist in preparing equipment for shipment;
• Use of all related safety equipment, such as fresh air breathing apparatus, and working with solvents, catalysts, additives, and coatings. Must be able to work inside/outside in all weather conditions;
• Frequently work from various heights;
• Prefer candidates with previous Painting experience working in a continuous improvement culture of Lean manufacturing and 5S;
• Knowledge of Quality Management Systems, ISO 9001;
• Prefer candidates with previous experience working in a manufacturing environment of Safety, Quality, On Time Delivery and Cost where everyone is valued and is encouraged to contribute to improve products, process and the business;
• May perform paint duties inside confined work space area;
• Additional duties as assigned
Education / Training
• High School Education or equivalent;
• Previous Associate level and or technical training in an industrial setting preferred
5 Years of painting experience
Qualifications and Experience
• 3-5 Years work in industrial painting, to include extensive use of air tools and spray guns preferred;
• Ability to read drawings and diagrams;
• Ability to squat, bend, stoop, lift, reach, crawl, climb, and perform repetitive and/or vibration motion.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities