Progress Rail Services Corp. Maintenance Mechanic in Peru, Indiana
Auto req ID: 3796BR
Posting Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Job Category: Hourly/Skilled Trades
Alternative Work Location: Peru
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
This is a second shift position
• Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting of manufacturing operations such as milling, drilling, grinding, and laser welding;
• Troubleshooting of automated assembly processes such as material handling, conveyance devices, robotics, presses, etc.;
• Knowledge of current industrial electrical standards and codes (NEC, NFPA 79);
• Ability to read and understand electrical schematics;
• Ability to read and understand hydraulic and pneumatic schematics;
• Ability to read and understand blueprints;
• General machine rebuild skills required;
• Perform predictive and preventative maintenance;
• Perform other essential duties as assigned by management;
• Knowledge of industrial facility codes and practices;
• Knowledge of AC motors and variable frequency drives;
• Must have experience working with conduit installation, machine supply and control wiring (24vdc to 480VAC), and industrial wiring practices;
• Basic knowledge and ability to use a personal computer;
• Minimal supervision required to make machine modifications after initial assignment and explanation of work required;
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively.
Key Job Elements
Education / Training
Qualifications and Experience
Five (5) or more years industrial, mechanical maintenance experience, preferably in an automotive machining or manufacturing environment. Journeyman machine repair, toolmaker, millwright or pipe fitter is preferred.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Should have basic machining background and/or skills;
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret drawings, standards, and other technical documents;
• Must be adept in measuring instruments and hand tools including scales, tape measure, calipers, dial indicators, welding gages, hand tools;
• Strong problem solving and decision making skills;
• Creativity and adaptability to successfully manage the facility through changing business conditions while achieving objectives;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interface with colleagues, vendors and shop floor team members.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities