Progress Rail Services Corp. Welding Plant Manager in Pueblo, Colorado
Auto req ID: 4377BR
Posting Title: Welding Plant Manager
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
Progress Rail Services Corporation, a Caterpillar Company, is one of the largest integrated and diversified suppliers of railroad and transit system products and services worldwide. With the acquisition of Electro-Motive Diesel (EMD), we are the world's largest builder of diesel-electric locomotives for all commercial railroad applications including freight, intercity passenger, commuter, switching, industrial and mining. EMD is also a global provider of diesel power engines for marine propulsion, offshore and land based oil well drilling rigs and stationary power generation.
We are a premier employer within the rail industry, with products and services represented in over 100 countries around the world. With operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Europe, we are continually expanding our footprint. Becoming a part of the team means becoming a part of a rich heritage and a bright future in our global marketplace. Our goal is to recruit, hire and develop a skilled workforce to meet the challenges of the future. Within Progress Rail and Electro-Motive Diesel, there exists a wide range of rewarding assignments and career paths. Our greatest strength and advantage in the marketplace is our commitment to our people.
For more information, visit www.progressrail.com .
• Overall management of employee production line rail welding operation;
• Work closely with railroad customers to insure production schedules are met;
• Responsible for plant Safety, Quality, and Production goals;
• Establish and direct plant policies and procedures;
• Ability to resolve employee and customer issues;
• Experience assessing production priorities issues and adjusting resources to maintain delivery requirements;
• On-time, on budget delivery of finished product;
• Implement and facilitate a continuous improvement culture.
Key Job Elements
• Overall management of employee production line rail welding operation.
Education / Training
• Bachelors Degree in Operations and/or Industrial Management, Engineering preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment;
• Railwelding track work experience a plus;
• Proven track record of managing safety, quality, and production;
• Electrical and hydraulic experience a plus;
• Engaging personality with good verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to communicate with all levels of employees and customers;
• Proficient with PC applications including Microsoft Office.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and Electro-Motive Diesel (EMD) offers an excellent total compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. (Position employment status may affect benefits eligibility.) Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled