Progress Rail Services Corp. Valve Technician II in Raceland, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 3623BR
Posting Title: Valve Technician II
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Alternative Work Location: Raceland, KY
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Reports directly to and works under the supervision of the Valve Shop Supervisor. The Valve Technician performs maintenance, repair, leak testing and bench testing of tank car valves according to FRA, AAR and customer requirements.
Key Job Elements
• Removal, repair and replacement of tank car valves and service equipment;
• Assemble and disassemble manufactured products;
• Understand service, repair and testing manuals and specifications, and apply constraints to repairs and testing being performed;
• Perform all valve and service equipment repairs and testing in accordance with Progress Rail, industry and regulatory standards and specifications;
• Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with Progress Rail safety policies;
• Perform all duties and responsibilities within time standards allowed;
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
Education / Training
• High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
• Read precision instruments and gauges
• Capable use of hand and power tools
• Commitment to a safe workplace
• Commitment to creating a positive and team-oriented workplace
• Work from heights over 6”
• Work on varied surfaces (concrete floors, gravel, rail car floors)
• Constant standing, walking
• Frequent bending, crouching, stooping, kneeling, squatting, overhead reaching, climbing ladders and crawling
• Frequent work below waist leave and above shoulder level
• Confined space work
• Medically qualified for respirator use
• Push/pull up to 50 lbs
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities