Progress Rail Services Corp. Second Shift Supervisor in Riverside, Missouri
Auto req ID: 3350BR
Posting Title: Second Shift Supervisor
Job Category: Transportation & Logistics
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Primary responsibilities include but not limited to coordinating and providing necessary leadership and guidance for all assigned 2nd shift DC Operations functions. Ensures all customer orders shipments meet necessary document requirements per the standard. Communicating with DC Leadership of production levels and actuals to targets.
Key Job Elements
• Ensure all manpower resources are in place and supporting operation;
• Communicate instruction/direction to team members and perform follow up with area lead supervisors;
• Provide training and support to operate all equipment in safe manner;
• Assists in other areas and duties as assigned by supervision;
• System data entry/spreadsheet verification and analysis;
• ERP system use/training to users;
• Create/provide necessary production reporting/documentation;
• CI card support/standard work/5S audit;
• Manage off shift operations supervising hourly, contract and Sr Team leads;
• Create/improve process documentation and standard work;
• Participate and support daily PIDs;
• Lead safety investigations and perform 1Page DMAIC process;
• Provide necessary support for daily metrics reporting;
• Ensure all systematic transactions align to physical shipments;
• Communicate with lead supervisors to execute operations plan.
Education / Training
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• College Degree.
Qualifications and Experience
• Significant experience in DC Operations;
• Intermediate level skills of Microsoft office (Excel/Word/Powerpoint);
• Ability to comfortably present to team members and other area Leaders;
• Strong interpersonal/communication/prioritization skills a must;
• Strong SAP job knowledge;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Warehouse shop floor environment w/ 80% shop floor time required;
• Infrequent need to physically move material;
• Must be able to team lift up to 55 lbs.; must be able to push and pull up to 125 lbs.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities