Progress Rail Services Corp. Machine Operator in Sherman, Texas
Auto req ID: 3498BR
Posting Title: Machine Operator
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Operation of a machine in a production shop environment working with steel materials for the production of railroad tracks and crossings.
Key Job Elements
• Machine steel parts and rail according to specifications;
• Operate rail bending machine to fabricate rail components;
• Read and interpret blueprints;
• Use digital calipers to insure accuracy;
• Comply with all safety procedures;
• Operate overhead cranes.
Education / Training
• High School Diploma or GED.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum 6 months machine operator experience is preferred;
• Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision;
• Must be able to read and write legibly and complete production reports with accuracy;
• Strong attention to detail with ability to inspect rail using measuring devices;
• Must be quality oriented and a team player;
• Must have complete understanding of safe work practices.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities