Progress Rail Services Corp. Maintenance Mechanic in Sherman, Texas
Auto req ID: 3848BR
Posting Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Job Category: Hourly/Skilled Trades
Alternative Work Location: Texas
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The Maintenance Mechanic performs mechanical & electrical repairs and rebuilds on tools, machinery, mobile equipment and shop systems. Perform emergency/reactive repairs of production equipment and
maintains equipment according to Preventative Maintenance program and maintenance work orders.
Key Job Elements
• Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and making repairs to all shop equipment and machines;
• Electrical maintenance of PLC & CNC controls;
• Performing all preventive maintenance as scheduled;
• Mechanical maintenance of PLC & CNC controlled machines;
• Fill out work orders correctly and completely;
• Working with PLC & CNC controls;
• Trouble shoot and maintain complex hydraulic systems;
• Mechanical maintenance of CNC, hydraulic presses, cranes and mobile equipment;
• Electrical maintenance up to 480 volts.
THIS IS A NIGHT SHIFT POSITION
Education / Training
• High School diploma or GED.
Qualifications and Experience
• Strong electrical background working with mechanical and hydraulic systems and performing scheduled PMs;
• 2-5 years experience in Machine Shop, Industrial, Production and/or Heavy Equipment troubleshooting and repair is preferred;
• Able to multitask and work with minimal supervision;
• Must be quality oriented and a team player;
• Must have complete understanding of safe work practices;
• Should be flexible during the training period to work on various shifts if needed;
• Welding experience a plus.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities