Progress Rail Services Corp. Production Supervisor in Sherman, Texas
Auto req ID: 3591BR
Posting Title: Production Supervisor
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
Alternative Work Location: TX
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
• Oversee day-to-day production operations of department in a fast-paced environment;
• Directly supervise and provide training to employees to achieve departmental goals;
• Will work to continuously improve quality and safety of the department;
• Oversee orderly maintenance and housekeeping of the department area;
• Handle scheduling of departmental personnel over multiple shifts.
Key Job Elements
This position will oversee all the day to day operations in the Plate Shop Department.
Education / Training
• High School diploma.
• College degree preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
• Must be mechanically inclined;
• 7 + years prior supervisory experience;
• Ability to read blueprints, schematics and other customer supplied material;
• Good computer skills;
• Good people skills, must be able to interact well with others;
• Detail-oriented/sense of urgency/follow through required;
• Ability to multi-task and maintain attention to detail;
• Preferred fabricating and manufacturing industry background.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities