Progress Rail Services Corp. Production Manager in Sidney, Nebraska
Auto req ID: 2905BR
Posting Title: Production Manager
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Reports directly to and works under the supervision of the Plant Manager. The Production Manager is responsible for the management and coordination of facility operations.
Key Job Elements
• Plan, organize and direct the repair, switching, & maintenance operations;
• Schedule & plan repair schedule to optimize efficiency while maintaining customer satisfaction;
• Make sure production meets customer, internal, FRA and AAR requirements;
• Direct & Participate in periodic audits to ensure compliance with quality, safety, FRA/AAR, and legal standards;
• Provide regular performance feedback to direct reports & conduct annual performance reviews;
• Responsible for hiring, disciplinary action & termination decisions;
• Comply with all PRS and OSHA safety procedures and make sure all employees do the same;
• Proactively audit work areas & employees to continuously improve safety;
• Serves as emergency coordinator;
• Ability to solve issues and improve efficiency;
• Excellent time-management skills, ability to prioritize and manage workload;
• Read precision instruments and gauges;
• Work from blueprints and technical drawings;
• Capable use of hand and power tools, including pneumatic tools, cutting torches and welding machines;
• Work around and operate overhead cranes and mobile equipment;
• Work on varied surfaces (concrete floors, gravel, rail car floors);
• Frequent standing, walking;
• Occasional push/pull up to 50 lbs;
• Carrying up to 50 lbs.
Education / Training
• Minimum of high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Qualifications and Experience
• 8-10 years of prior supervisory experience in manufacturing is required, preferred high volume repair or welding shop;
• Welding and mechanical experience required;
• Computer skills: Microsoft Word and Excel.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities