Progress Rail Services Corp. Quality Assurance Specialist in Sidney, Nebraska
Auto req ID: 2914BR
Posting Title: Quality Assurance Specialist
Job Category: Quality & Reliability
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Reports directly to and works under the supervision of the Plant Manager with reporting responsibility to the Corporate QA department. The QA Specialist manages the quality system and personnel to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements including those from customers, PRS corporate standards, AAR, M-1003, and FRA.
Key Job Elements
• Establishes, maintains, and oversees the quality system including quality plans, documentation, systems, procedures, and training;
• Responds to internal and external quality issues including ownership of corrective and preventative action procedure;
• Serve quality functions during contract review process and requests for change from customers;
• Supervise and insure adequate inspection personnel including incoming inspection; final QC, scrap evaluation, rework, AAR reports, and supplier quality programs;
• Maintains M-1003 compliant quality systems as well as other customer or agencies such as AAR;
• Ensures the adequacy of all inspection and test equipment including calibration program;
• Establishing and retaining quality records as required including training, inspection & test, and customer specified documents;
• Assesses suppliers and sub-contractors and the approved vendor list;
• Coordinates customer inspections, inquiries and follow up;
• Develops and conducts quality training for production employees.
Education / Training
• High school diploma or GED.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
Qualifications and Experience
• Prefer experience as supervisor or lead in Quality in a manufacturing environment preferably but not limited to railroad or related industries;
• Requires working knowledge and expertise in areas including machining, welding, assembly, mechanical devices;
• Previous training or ability to be trained on practical application of quality tools including SPC, FMEA, Process Mapping, Control Plans, M-1003 or has/ is Greenbelt Certified/Trained;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to learn company enterprise software;
• Read and understand precision instruments, gauges, blueprints, and technical drawings;
• High level of attention to detail and solid organizational skills;
• Capability to successfully train all types of employees in large and small groups;
• Work around overhead cranes and mobile equipment;
• Regular Work from heights over 6”;
• Frequent work on varied surfaces (concrete floors, gravel, rail car floors);
• Frequent standing and walking;
• Climbing ladders up to 20 feet vertical;
• Regular crawling underneath and around railcars;
• Regular bending, crouching, stooping, kneeling, squatting, overhead reaching;
• Occasional Push/pull up to 50 lbs;
• Occasional Carrying up to 50 lbs.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities