Progress Rail Services Corp. Reconditioning Trainee in Sidney, Nebraska
Auto req ID: 3955BR
Posting Title: Reconditioning Trainee
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
A Reconditioning Trainee is assigned to one of many areas in the Wheel Shop. Operating machines that allow us to break down railcar wheelsets, recondition axles to be used for new sets, mount new wheels to reconditioned axles, recondition wheelsets, moving material and press new bearings on wheelsets that have been reconditioned or new sets. Attention to detail is very important in this line of work as these sets are put under trains that travel the nation and they need to be worked properly so they allow the trains to travel safely.
Key Job Elements
• Use measuring devices (i.e. gages, calipers);
• Ability to read micrometers and work to tight tolerances.
Education / Training
• Basic shop math;
• High school diploma or GED.
Qualifications and Experience
• Must be able to work any shift, overtime and weekends to meet business demands;
• Follow all work procedures and maintain accurate documentation accordingly;
• Abide by all safety regulations;
• Operate overhead cranes;
• Must have complete understanding of safe work practices;
• Ability to multitask and work withminimal supervision;
• Must be able to read and write legibly to complete production reports with accuracy;
• Must be quality oriented and a team player;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Organizational skills;
• Flexibility in shift and schedule;
• Good attendance record;
• Other duties as assigned.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities