Progress Rail Services Corp. Material Handler II in Tacoma, Washington
Auto req ID: 3596BR
Posting Title: Material Handler II
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Alternative Work Location: Tacoma, WA
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The Material Handler's primary responsibilities include performing receiving, stocking, kitting, shipping, cycle counting and line stocking duties.
Key Job Elements
• Operates industrial forklift to perform material handling assignments;
• Receives, identifies and unloads materials/parts and stores in inventory;
• Identifies, draws from inventory and transports material, parts and equipment associated with the assembly of locomotives to and from assembly areas, machines, loading docks and other areas;
• Familiarizes self with material packaging areas to assure prompt delivery and adequate supply of required items;
• Inspects and completes reports related to safe operation and maintenance of material handling equipment prior to operation;
• Operate all equipment in safe manner;
• Assists in other areas and duties as assigned by supervision.
Education / Training
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum 6 months distribution/material handling or equivalent;
• Must have previous forklift operation experience;
• Basic knowledge of PC for data entry;
• Must be able to work any shift.
• Must be able to team lift up to 55 lbs.; must be able to push and pull up to 125 lbs.; frequent bending and reaching is required
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities