Progress Rail Services Corp. Quality Assurance Inspector in Tacoma, Washington
Auto req ID: 4323BR
Posting Title: Quality Assurance Inspector
Job Category: Quality & Reliability
Alternative Work Location: Tacoma
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Reports directly to and works under the supervision of the quality department supervisor/managers. A quality assurance inspector will be capable of understanding, inspecting and troubleshooting locomotives, engines and components utilizing QWI’s and “Best Practices”.
Key Job Elements
• Demonstrate knowledge of locomotive components and their locations consistently and accurately;
• Demonstrate knowledge of AAR/FRA locomotive requirements consistently, accurately, and safely;
• Conduct product inspections, documentation of defects and buybacks consistently;
• Properly document control processes and procedures consistently and accurately;
• Conduct locomotive inbound and outbound inspections consistently, accurately, and safely;
• Read calibers, micrometers, and gauges consistently and accurately;
• Read locomotive blueprints and determine locomotive product tolerances consistently and accurately;
• Demonstrate knowledge of locomotive assembly processes consistently, accurately, and safely.
Education / Training
• High School Diploma or GED with certifications as OR;
• Diesel, Automotive, Locomotive or Aircraft Mechanic;
• Residential, Industrial, Automotive, Locomotive Electrician.
Qualifications and Experience
• 12 months QA experience with ability to read prints and schematic;
• Basic computer skills.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities