Progress Rail Services Corp. 2nd Shift Frog builder/welder in Taylor Mill, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 4584BR
Posting Title: 2nd Shift Frog builder/welder
Job Category: Hourly/Production
City: Taylor Mill
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
This position is responsible for the welding and fabrication on steel railroad track components for the manufacturing of crossings and turnouts for the transportation industry.
Key Job Elements
• Building frogs according to drawings, at times will weld and plate frogs.
• Use measuring devices to determine accuracy and to mark rail accordingly;
• Operate overhead cranes;
• This position operates on 2nd shift (Monday - Thursday 4:15pm to 2:45am) with required overtime when needed. There is an additional $1.50 shift differential paid for working 2nd shift.
Education / Training
HS Diploma or equivalent education and experience
Qualifications and Experience
• Prior machine or grinder experience preferred;
• Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision;
• Must be able to read and write legibly and complete production reports with accuracy;
• Strong attention to detail with ability to inspect rail using measuring devices;
• Must be quality oriented and a team player;
• Must have complete understanding of safe work practices.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities