Progress Rail Services Corp. 2nd Shift Mazak Operator in Taylor Mill, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 4608BR
Posting Title: 2nd Shift Mazak Operator
Job Category: Hourly/Production
City: Taylor Mill
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Operate a Henri 2 machine in the Rail shop department for machining castings used in railroad trackwork. The Machinist will operate, troubleshoot and identify issues but does not do programming of the machine.
Key Job Elements
Position is on our 2nd Shift. This position WILL TRAIN on 1st shift for 8-10 weeks (6:00am to 4:30pm). There is a shift differential of $1.50 on this shift.
Job Duties include:
• Machine steel parts and castings according to specifications;
• Read and interpret blueprints;
• Use digital calipers to insure accuracy;
• Comply with all safety procedures;
• Operate overhead cranes.
Education / Training
• HS Diploma or equivalent experience and education.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum 1 year CNC machine operator experience;
• Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision;
• Must be able to read and write legibly and complete production reports with accuracy;
• Strong attention to detail with ability to inspect rail using measuring devices;
• Must be quality oriented and a team player;
• Must have complete understanding of safe work practices.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities