Progress Rail Services Corp. Assembler / Fabricator in Taylor Mill, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 3076BR
Posting Title: Assembler / Fabricator
Job Category: Hourly/Production
City: Taylor Mill
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world.
For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
This positions is responsible for the fabrication and assembly of rail road track components used in specialized track work and crossings.
Key Job Elements
• Operating a finish grinder to polish, grind and glue castings and rail according to specifications as part of the manufacturing process of railroad track and frog assemblies;
• Use measuring devices to determine accuracy and to mark rail accordingly;
• Operate overhead cranes;
Education / Training
• HS Diploma or equivalent.
Qualifications and Experience
• Prior machine or grinder experience preferred;
• Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision;
• Must be able to read and write legibly and complete production reports with accuracy;
• Strong attention to detail with ability to inspect rail using measuring devices; able to read a tape measure
• Must be quality oriented and a team player;
• Must have complete understanding of safe work practices.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities