Progress Rail Services Corp. Designer - (Auto Cad) Drafter in Taylor Mill, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 4425BR
Posting Title: Designer - (Auto Cad) Drafter
Job Category: Engineering
City: Taylor Mill
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Creation of drawings using AutoCAD for the manufacturing and assembly process of railroad track turnouts and crossings.
Key Job Elements
The Designer is responsible for:
• Using AutoCad software to design and create new drawings and maintain existing drawings;
• Using Excel to create Engineering Change Notices and perform calculations;
• Using Autodesk Inventor to create and maintain 3D models;
• Using LN MRP system to create and maintain Bills of Material;
• Working with external customers and internal management to meet deadlines and customer’s specifications;
• Communicating with all levels of personnel in the plant, including spending time on the production floor to learn the products and the operation;
• Report to plant Design Engineering Supervisor.
Education / Training
• An Associate’s degree or higher in a related field, or its equivalent in a combination of formal education and direct work experience.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Strong experience with Autodesk AutoCad and Inventor, and Microsoft Office software;
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel;
• Strong math skills.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities