Progress Rail Services Corp. EHS Specialist in Taylor Mill, Kentucky
Reports directly to and works under the supervision of the Plant Manager. The EHS Specialist is responsible for maintaining compliance to all regulatory requirements related to environmental programs and the health & safety of PRS employees and visitors.
Key Job Elements
• Develops and presents training (weekly and monthly) for current employees;
• Lead incident investigation and/or response teams for EHS incidents;
• Implements corrective actions found during investigations or audits;
• Manages preventative maintenance schedules;
• Completes action items as directed in PRS safety compliance system (PRACSNET);
• Conducts safety and environmental audits and inspections and maintains records;
• Performs routine Job Safety Analysis;
• Maintains and updates MSDS Materials/Manuals;
• Emergency coordinator of facility;
• Works as member of facility leadership team to drive continuous improvement;
• Daily monitoring of production to promote safe working conditions;
• Lead facility safety committee;
• Coordinates with outside vendors to complete safety/environmental work as needed;
• Performs safety orientations for all employees, vendors and visitors;
• Develops and presents new hire safety orientation in accordance with corporate guidelines;
• Utilizes the Six Sigma process to implement continuous improvement projects.
• Non-temperature controlled facility;
• Telephone and computer communication;
• Prolonged computer work;
• Work outside in 0-100 degree F;
• Work in all weather conditions;
• High noise levels (above 85 decibels);
• High levels of dust.
• Bachelors Degree in safety/environmental management or related field;
• 3-5 years of EHS experience in a high volume manufacturing environment.
Qualifications & Experience
• Experience in maintaining compliance with State and Federal environmental regulations, including air permitting;
• Experience with SAFE START or similar behavior based safety program;
• Hands-on safety mentoring experience;
• Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
• Demonstrated ability to present safety topics effectively to a wide variety of audiences;
• Effective written communication skills;
• High level of confidentially required;
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines with accuracy;
• Knowledge of Six Sigma preferred.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Job Ref: 105523