Progress Rail Services Corp. Industrial Maintenance Technician in Taylor Mill, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 3794BR
Posting Title: Industrial Maintenance Technician
Job Category: Hourly/Production
City: Taylor Mill
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
• Perform emergency/reactive repairs of production equipment and conduct follow-up evaluations to assess effectiveness of repair;
• Maintain equipment according to Preventative Maintenance program and maintenance work orders;
• Responsible for facility maintenance;
• Complete and submit maintenance documentation and issue new improvement opportunities for review;
• Provide ideas and solutions to unplanned equipment downtime through design change, inspection techniques or conditional monitoring;
• Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts to mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic controls;
• Read and understand equipment manuals, design drawings and electrical schematics to complete reactive and preventative maintenance;
• Assist in 5S to optimize productivity and sustain a safe and efficient working environment;
• Comply with all plant safety, OSHA and environmental regulations.
Key Job Elements
We currently have 2 immediate openings in our maintenance department on both of our Weekend Shifts.
Weekend DAY shift is 5am to 5pm Fri/Sat/Sun and Weekend NIGHT is 5pm to 5am Fri/Sat/Sun. Both shifts offer a paid 4 hour premium when 36 hours are worked (Work 36 = get paid 40) and the Weekend NIGHT shift pays an additional $2.00 an hour night shift differential.
Education / Training
• Associates or Vocational degree in a mechanical or electrical field or industrial maintenance or a combination of education and experience.
Qualifications and Experience
• 5+ years of manufacturing/maintenance experience;
• Knowledge and familiarity with mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment;
• Proven fabrication and welding experience;
• Proven industrial maintenance experience;
• History of strong problem solving and continuous improvements;
• Able to identify and requisition replacement parts;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Willingness to learn new techniques, processes and procedures;
• Competence in computer skills;
• Strong communication skills;
• Ability to work in a highly responsive manner and ensure production schedules are met;
• Willingness to support maintenance activities on other shifts and on weekends as production schedules require;
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form, with operators, supervisors, and managers;
• Ability to follow written work instructions.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities