Progress Rail Services Corp. Master Scheduler/ Production Manager in Taylor Mill, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 4514BR
Posting Title: Master Scheduler/ Production Manager
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
City: Taylor Mill
Alternative Work Location: Decoursey Trackwork
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The Master Production Scheduler manages the production planning for the Trackworks Manufacturing facility. This positon will be responsible to create the monthly master schedule for specific components using input from sales, supply chain, manufacturing & engineering. Additionally they will need to review data from capacity planning, inventory levels and manufacturing on-time-delivery performance.
Key Job Elements
• Maintain 12 month rolling forecasts, converting forecasts to actual orders;
• Prepare metrics and reports to present the master schedule data to various audiences;
• Prepare reports for S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) process;
• Coordinate information and activities to ensure customers' requirement dates are understood and reflected accurately in schedules;
• Load the plan into the ERP System and publish;
• Supervise production planning department.
Education / Training
• BA / BS degree in business, manufacturing systems, engineering, supply chain management or related field.
Qualifications and Experience
• Three to five years in operations, production planning, or master scheduling;
• Proficiency with spreadsheets and enterprise wide software applications;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and timelines;
• Strong written and oral communication skills;
• Must be able to read, comprehend, and write correspondence and reports;
• Must be able to communicate with multiple levels of staff throughout the organization;
• Must have effective analytical ability.
• Working knowledge of SAP;
• APICS CPIM certification a plus.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities