Progress Rail Services Corp. Material Handler / Parts Runner in Taylor Mill, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 3056BR
Posting Title: Material Handler / Parts Runner
Job Category: Hourly/Production
City: Taylor Mill
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
To deliver superior Material Handler services in the Frog Assembly department while effectively meeting both internal and external customer needs.
Key Job Elements
The primary duties include and are not limited to the following:
• Receive, distribute, organize and return various sized parts;
* Keep assemblers and builders stocked and supply parts on demand as needed, quickly and safely
• Effectively communicate with team members and customers;
• Move and organize parts distribution carts;
• Operate overhead cranes to move large and heavy rail material
• Additional duties as assigned.
Education / Training
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
• 1 – 2 years previous experience operating a forklift and prior experience with overhead cranes and as a material / parts runner at a fast pace
• Able to obtain valid lift truck license;
• Able to lift up to 40 lbs. without assistance;
• Able to read pick tickets, packing lists and any other written communication;
• Prefer candidates with previous experience working in a continuous improvement culture of Lean manufacturing and 5S;
• Prefer candidates with previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
• Must be able and have a willingness to work safe.
* Excellence attendance is a must
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities