Progress Rail Services Corp. Material Handler in Taylor Mill, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 4100BR
Posting Title: Material Handler
Job Category: Hourly/Production
City: Taylor Mill
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
• Receive incoming materials and verifies receipt against shipping documents;
• Transfers materials from receiving location to identified location in facility using mobile equipment;
• Enter material transfers into computer system;
• Ensure required materials are staged in production area prior to shift starting;
• Maintain organization and cleanliness of storage areas;
• Maintain stocking levels of consumables & materials;
• Properly label all required material;
• Empty dumpsters;
• Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with PRS safety policies.
Key Job Elements
• Non-temperature controlled facility;
• Work outside in 0-100 degree F;
• High noise levels (above 85 decibels);
• High levels of dust.
Education / Training
• Prefer High School Education or GED;
• Forklift experience.
Qualifications and Experience
• Must be able to read and complete shipping/receiving documents;
• Able to operate a forklift & pallet jack;
• Experienced user on Microsoft word, excel and outlook;
• Work around and operate mobile equipment;
• Work on varied surfaces (concrete floors, gravel, rail car floors);
• Constant standing, walking;
• Push/pull up to 150 lbs;
• Carrying up to 50 lbs.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities