Progress Rail Services Corp. Production Supervisor in Taylor Mill, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 4567BR
Posting Title: Production Supervisor
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
City: Taylor Mill
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Responsible for all Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Morale goals for assigned shift or area. Manage team members to ensure standards are met. Lead, coach and performance manage as required. Identify and resolve production-related issues and champion and support lean manufacturing and continuous improvement efforts throughout the facility.
Key Job Elements
• Ensure team members work in a safe manner and follow all safe work procedures and work instructions;
• Ensure all Safe Work Procedures for their current department are known and adhered to by employees;
• Meet or exceed departmental safety goals for lost time and recordable incidences;
• Ensure product leaving department meets or exceeds quality goals;
• Ensure timely completion of Corrective Actions in Quality database as assigned;
• Work with quality department for continuous. improvement on quality and procedures for product quality;
• Allocate people resources to production times to match standard hours and thus achieve efficiency goals;
• Manage overtime to meet productivity and cost targets;
• Vigorously identify opportunities for cost reduction or efficiency gain;
• At all times, act in accordance with PRS values;
• Communicate performance expectations and company. and departmental goals to team members;
• Lead, coach, performance manage direct reports; complete accurate and timely performance reviews;
• Ensure team follows company policies and procedures and take immediate action on non-compliance.
Education / Training
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; preference given to engineering, operations or manufacturing education/experience.
Qualifications and Experience
• Work background in low/medium-volume, highly-engineered, heavy industry product environment;
• Trained in formal problem-solving and continuous improvement methodologies;
• Demonstrated track record to positively coach, mentor and effectively manage performance;
• Experience supervising employees;
• Effective team building skills, good change manager;
• Lean manufacturing experience.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities