Progress Rail Services Corp. Project Manager in Taylor Mill, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 3774BR
Posting Title: Project Manager
Job Category: Engineering
City: Taylor Mill
Progress Rail, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is a total solutions provider of rolling stock and infrastructure products and services. We are a premier employer within the global rail industry, with products and services represented in over 100 countries around the world. With headquarters in Albertville, AL, more than 8,000 employees serve customers through a network of close to 200 worldwide locations, and as one of the most trusted providers of locomotive, freight car, transit, track and signal solutions, we are continually expanding our footprint.
Becoming a part of the team means becoming a part of a rich heritage and a bright future in our global marketplace. Our goal is to recruit, hire and develop a skilled workforce to meet the challenges of the future. Within Progress Rail, there exists a wide range of rewarding assignments and career paths. Our greatest strength and advantage in the marketplace is our commitment to create value for and serve our customers with the best team.
For more information, visit www.progressrail.com or follow us on twitter @Progress_Rail.
The purpose of this position is to contribute to the design, development and manufacturing of world class rail products and services vital to our customer’s needs through the application of specialized knowledge, skills, and abilities. Work involves independent judgement, decision making, and creativity. Management is available to provide additional guidance for unusual situations.The Project Manager will manage special transit projects from the start of the process and will work closely with the engineer who is assigned to the project. This person will be responsible to manage projects using Microsoft Projects.
Key Job Elements
• Interact with customers and internal staff in a clear, concise, and professional manner and effectively meeting deadlines and requirements throughout a project;
• Maintain internal communication through various departments to ensure everyone is working toward the same goal;
• Design and maintaining detailed project schedules for various customers;
• Ability to manage multiple projects at one time;
• Strong experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Power Point. Experience with Microsoft Project preferred;
• Ability to read and understand Engineering Drawings highly preferred;
• Provide a weekly report with all action items required to ensure on-time delivery and eliminate possibility of liquidated damages. This person will handle all submissions that are required.
Education / Training
• BS in Engineering or equivalent.
Qualifications and Experience
• 5+ Years of project management experience.
Progress Rail offers an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Position employment status may affect benefits eligibility.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled