Progress Rail Services Corp. Pulmax-Manganese-2nd shift- press operator in Taylor Mill, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 4271BR
Posting Title: Pulmax-Manganese-2nd shift- press operator
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
City: Taylor Mill
Alternative Work Location: Northern Kentucky
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
This is a production shop environment working with steel materials for the production of railroad tracks and crossings. Previous experience working in a machine shop environment is helpful but not necessary. We provide on the job training to qualified applicants.
Key Job Elements
This position will be on our Second shift in the Manganese department operating the Pull Max press machine. Shift hours are 4:15pm to 2:45am on Monday thru Thursday with required overtime. There is a $1.50 shift dif for this position.
The desired candidate will be able to:
• Routinely lift up to 40 pounds & occasionally up to 60 pounds;
• Use manual drill presses, saws, grinders, mills, lathes and other tools;
• Add, subtract, multiply and divide;
• Read a tape measure;
• Read micrometers, calipers or other precision measuring tools;
• Follow oral and written instructions;
• Work independently with minimum supervision;
• Maintain excellent attendance;
• Kneel, stoop, squat, reach both above and below shoulder height, push, pull, carry and stand for duration of shift;
• Stay focused and pay attention to detail in a loud working environment;
• Produce product to specifications according to drawings, BOM’s & work; orders;
• Be comfortable with sustained physical work;
• Meet production standards.
Education / Training
• HD diploma or equivalent.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum 6 months machine operator experience is preferred;
• Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision;
• Must be able to read and write legibly and complete production reports with accuracy;
• Strong attention to detail with ability to inspect rail using measuring devices;
• Must be quality oriented and a team player;
• Must have complete understanding of safe work practices.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities