Progress Rail Services Corp. Shipping Associate - Material Handler in Taylor Mill, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 3070BR
Posting Title: Shipping Associate - Material Handler
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
City: Taylor Mill
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world.
For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
We have an immediate opening for a Material Handler in our shipping department at our TAYLOR MILL, KY manufacturing facility.
Monday through Friday 7am to 3:30pm, with overtime required daily and/or on some Saturdays.
Key Job Elements
• Receive incoming materials and verifies receipt against shipping documents;
• Transfers materials from receiving location to identified location in facility using mobile equipment;
• Enter material transfers into computer system;
• Ensure required materials are staged in production area prior to shift starting;
• Maintain organization and cleanliness of storage areas;
• Maintain stocking levels of consumables & materials;
• Properly label all required material;
• Empty dumpsters and complete other various tasks to support and prepare the first shift shipping team.
Education / Training
• HS Diploma or equivalent.
Qualifications and Experience
• Must be able to read and complete shipping/receiving documents;
• Able to operate a forklift & pallet jack;
• Work around and operate mobile equipment;
• Work outside in all weather conditions.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities