Progress Rail Services Corp. Train Car Mechanic / Welder in Taylor Mill, Kentucky
Train Car Mechanic / Welder
• Removal, fabrication, fitment and welding of railcar parts, components and structures;
• Repair or replace worn mechanical components;
• Fabricate, assemble or disassemble manufactured products;
• Inspect rails cars and troubleshoot mechanical issues;
• Read blueprints, technical drawings, tape measure;
• Read and understand work order and record repairs correctly;
• Understand service and repair manuals and apply constraints to repairs and modifications being performed;
• Use oxy/fuel torch, arc welding equipment and power tools;
• Apply decals, stenciling and touch-up painting on railcars;
• Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with PRS safety policies;
• Perform all duties and responsibilities within time standards allowed.
Key Job Elements
• Non-temperature controlled facility;
• Work outside in 0-100 degree F;
• High noise levels (above 85 decibels);
• High levels of dust.
Education / Training
• Prefer High School Education or GED
• Welding experience preferred but not required
Qualifications & Experience
• Mechanical aptitude;
• Read precision instruments and gauges;
• Capable use of hand and power tools, including pneumatic tools, cutting torches and welding machines;
• Work around and operate overhead cranes and mobile equipment;
• Work from heights over 6”;
• Work on varied surfaces (concrete floors, gravel, rail car floors);
• Constant standing, walking;
• Frequent bending, crouching, stooping, kneeling, squatting, overhead reaching, climbing ladders;
• Frequent work below waist level and above shoulder level;
• Push/pull up to 150 lbs;
• Carrying up to 85 lbs.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Job Ref: 105517