Progress Rail Services Corp. Welder-1st Shift in Taylor Mill, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 4598BR
Posting Title: Welder-1st Shift
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
City: Taylor Mill
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The Plate welder is responsible for following all quality procedures and regulations while welding on plates used for the assembly of railroad track panels.
Key Job Elements
This position is on our Third shift and operates on a schedule of 5am to 5pm Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Overtime may be required due to business demands. This position offers a 4 hour premium.
This position offers pay increases at 6 months and at one year for skill level progression, as well as annual performance based merit increases.
Education / Training
• Welding experience preferred, but must be able to pass welding test within first 90 days;
• High school education preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
• Must be able to read, write, and read a tape measure to the 1/32";
• Must have a minimum of 6 months mig welding experience and/or training and education;
• Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision;
• Must be able to read and write legibly and complete production reports with accuracy;
• Strong attention to detail with ability to inspect rail using measuring devices;
• Must be quality oriented and a team player;
• Must have complete understanding of safe work practices.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities