Progress Rail Services Corp. Heavy Equipment Operator in Trinity, Alabama
Auto req ID: 4214BR
Posting Title: Heavy Equipment Operator
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The Equipment Operator will perform a variety of skilled or semi-skilled tasks involving the operation, servicing, and maintenance of heavy equipment working in an industrial recycling operation.
Key Job Elements
• Move, stage, load, assist in the production of Recycled parts and metals using equipment such as a mobile shear/excavator, front-end loaders, cranes and drive company truck to off-site job locations;
• Run various equipment;
• Perform routine maintenance and clean up;
• Work outdoors in all weather conditions;
• Climb, squat, bend, and crawl.
Education / Training
• High school diploma / GED equivalent required;
• Heavy Equipment Certification preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
• Background experience in heavy mechanical/electrical machines and equipment;
• Industrial Labor experience;
• Background experience in heavy mechanical / electrical machines and equipment;
• Industrial labor experience;
• Good organizational skills.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities