Progress Rail Services Corp. Analyst - Locomotive Monitoring Center - BNSF Account in United States
Auto req ID: 3998BR
Posting Title: Analyst - Locomotive Monitoring Center - BNSF Account
Job Category: Service
City: Fort Worth
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Remotely monitor, identify issues, and provide support to the BNSF locomotive fleet.
Key Job Elements
• Remotely monitor locomotives on the BNSF Fleet for issues which could impact performance;
• Effectively troubleshoot and diagnose all mechanical and electrical systems of a locomotive as well as related fault codes;
• Create troubleshooting procedures based on issues observed while monitoring locomotives;
• Communicate troubleshooting procedures to internal and external customers;
• Intellitrain and Predictive Maintenance Utilization;
• Create Predictive Maintenance rules to identify locomotive issues which could impact locomotive operations;
• Analyze fleet fault trends and participated in engineering root cause investigations;
• Provide locomotive troubleshooting direction to internal and external customers;
• Coordinate and consult with a variety of departments, such as design engineering, reliability, field service and contract maintenance to gather information to address locomotive failures;
• Participate in customer conference calls to provide daily troubleshooting feedback and monthly performance reports;
• Generate department metrics report-outs from MS Excel and MS Access data;
• Frequent and effective contact with customers and others;
• Promote good group relations;
• Support engineering projects with locomotive data mining and analysis;
• Assist in the identification, investigation, and resolution of product reliability and performance issues;
• Advise BNSF NOC help desk on pending failures and on-line troubleshooting;
• Develop/improve troubleshooting guides, best practices, and standard work;
• Analyze locomotive software for reliability improvements and create change requests as necessary;
• Run reports on road failure prevention, connectivity rates, and other various topics;
• Travel as required to perform field problem investigations;
• Other work and projects as necessary;
• Assist in the investigation and documentation of product warranty issues;
• Assist in the identification investigation and resolution of product reliability and performance issues;
• Identify and report warranty and charge back items;
• Perform job duties in accordance to Our Values in Action, Caterpillar's Code of Conduct.
Education / Training
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or related field, or equivalent training.
Qualifications and Experience
• 3+ years field experience with EMD locomotives on the BNSF Fleet;
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software;
• Medium level of oral and written communications skills;
• Medium level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with customers and workforce;
• Medium level of analytical ability where problems are complex;
• Medium level of mechanical and electrical aptitude;
• Knowledge of fundamental inspection, reliability procedures, and processes;
• Ability to read Engineering drawings and electrical schematics;
• Knowledge of shop practices;
• Willingness/ability to relocate;
• Ability to work as part of a multi shift seven (7) day a week operation;
• Proficiency troubleshooting locomotive problems;
• High level of computer skills;
• Knowledge of locomotive database information;
• Functional knowledge of the railroad’s locomotive tracking computer system;
• Functional knowledge of SAP.
This position is eligible for relocation benefits.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities