Progress Rail Services Corp. Analyst - Trade Controls in United States
Auto req ID: 3146BR
Posting Title: Analyst - Trade Controls
Job Category: Compliance
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
POSITION IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RELOCATION BENEFITS
Analyst – Trade Controls has compliance oversight responsibilities for Rail Division’s North America locations for tariff classification and valuation, including management of service providers. This position is also responsible for North America duty management and special projects, as required.
Key Job Elements
CLASSIFICATION AND VALUATION COMPLIANCE:
• Perform self-audits of classification and valuation to ensure accuracy and consistency and to identify root cause, corrective and preventive measures for repetitive classification and valuation issues;
• Develop and maintain auto classification rules and/or classification philosophies;
• Review binding ruling requests; review service provider responses to Customs requests for information relative to classification and valuation;
• Receive and respond to service providers requests for technical data required for classification determination;
• Generate forecast files to identify and upload classification workload to the service provider’s system;
• Analyze key performance indicators and other metrics to ensure service providers are meeting service level agreements for quantity, quality and response times;
• Research US import entry lines to confirm values on exception and high adjustments in support of US value Reconciliation;
• Research and provide data to support declaration of value assists.
• Review import entry data (from government and service provider systems) and prepare duty reports to monitor results and identify trends; Report findings to management;
• Monitor service provider performance relative to duty avoidance and duty deferral program and report findings to management; provide support as required to maximize program benefits and improve process efficiencies;
• Monitor government and industry publications to analyze changes to existing preference of duty programs or to identify any new programs, which may be applicable to Rail Division’s North American business.
• Provide support to other Rail Division departments on classification and valuation, as required;
• Ensure work instructions and procedures are current for all classification and valuation processes;
• Complete special projects, as assigned.
Education / Training
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, International Business or Related Field, or 2 years equivalent experience at a customs broker or in trade compliance.
Qualifications and Experience
• Strong analytical ability and research skills;
• Proficiency in MS Excel and/or MS Access;
• Strong leadership and communication skills, ability to work with employees at different levels within the Rail Division and Service Providers’ organizations;
• Effective organization skills and demonstration of proficiency with simultaneously managing multiple assignments and projects with varying deadlines;
• Demonstrated behaviors that support Caterpillar’s Values in Action (Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, Commitment and Sustainability).
• US Customs Broker’s License and/or Certified Customs Specialist (US or CA);
• Customs entry processing experience.
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities