Progress Rail Services Corp. Customer Service Representative in United States
Auto req ID: 4506BR
Posting Title: Customer Service Representative
Job Category: Sales & Marketing
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
This position is responsible for accurate tracking and reporting of customer sales and record keeping, timely handling customer inquiries, customer order entry and process purchase orders for the Naples facility. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager. Areas included but not limited to: sales quotations, order entry, handle customer inquiries by phone, e-mail or in person and product pricing.
Key Job Elements
• Works closely with Operations, Purchasing, and Plant Controller & Logistics team serving as a liaison with internal and external customer to ensure tracking, reporting and expected product delivery is accordance to Operations and business goals;
• Develop metrics to track sales, analyze financial impact of sales changes, targets and annual sales volume;
• Maintains confidentiality of Progress Rail trade secrets and having NDA in-place with customers prior to disclosing trade secrets;
• Ensure Progress Rail warranty standards terms and conditions and special terms/conditions of sale used on quotations for EPA emission related products and other contract sales quotations are in compliance; and understand Progress Rail Naples QA Control Manual, ISO 9001 and Association of American Railroads (AAR) standards.
Education / Training
• High School diploma or equivalent;
• Data entry and attention to details required;
• Experience with customer support in person, by phone and e-mail is a plus.
• Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook);
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively to all levels of the organization, including management.
Qualifications and Experience
• Associate Degree or Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field;
• Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in data entry, purchase orders or sales; manufacturing or customer service experience a plus;
• Knowledge of LN system, EDI, Fourth Shift software program, Sales target maps & Sales software program ACT.
• Wear all required PPE (safety glasses, metatarsal boots, earplugs, gloves, etc.) No jewelry (on shop);
• Must be able to work in moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust or confined spaces on occasions;
• High noise (above 85 decibels) shop floor;
• Adhere to Progress Rail (PR) safety rules and regulations.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities