Progress Rail Services Corp. Machine Operator in Waskom, Texas
Auto req ID: 3730BR
Posting Title: Machine Operator
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world.
For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Machine Operators/Machinists directly report to Plant Supervisor. They are to aid in the production of Wheel Sets. Trainee / Operator will be assisting in the following areas: Bearing Demount / Wheel Demount, Gear Case Washing, Wheel Set Washing and Miscellaneous Parts Washing.
Machinist Experience a plus. Lathe Operators: CNC, Heg, Tread Lathe Operators
Key Job Elements
• Using measuring devices (i.e. gages, calipers);
• Follow all work procedures and maintain accurate documentation accordingly. Abide by all safety regulations;
• Operate overhead cranes;
• Other duties as assigned.
Education / Training
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
Qualifications and Experience
• Ability to read micrometers and work to tight tolerances;
• Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision;
• Must be able to read and write English legibly and complete production reports with accuracy;
• Must be quality oriented and a team player;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Computer skills and excellent organizational skills;
• Flexibility in shift and schedule and good attendance record.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities