Progress Rail Services Corp. Maintenance Mechanic in Waskom, Texas
Auto req ID: 2901BR
Posting Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Job Category: Hourly/Skilled Trades
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world.
For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
• Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and systems as required by PRS and local management;
• Perform and log all compliance requirements as directed by Environmental, Health & Safety;
• Repair & maintain mobile equipment including forklift, man lift, trucks etc.;
• Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and making repairs to all shop equipment and machines;
• Complete high voltage and 3 phase electrical repairs and start ups;
• Overhead crane repairs & preventative maintenance;
• Building and facility repairs;
• Repair & maintain hydraulic , lube , air and gas systems;
• Coordinate maintenance repairs with outside vendors as needed;
• Repair equipment and tools, including welders, grinders & impact tools;
• Keep maintenance area in a clean and orderly condition, with all tools and equipment in good working order;
• Execute all duties and responsibilities in compliance with PRS safety policies;
• Perform all duties and responsibilities within time standards allowed;
• Second shift position.
Education / Training
• Associates Degree or Trade Certificate in a Technical Field preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum 12 months experience as a mechanical and/or electrical technician in a production environment is desired;
• Ability to repair overhead cranes, tools, welding machines, and other plant equipment;
• Ability to read precision instruments, gauges, and electrical multimeters;
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings, blueprints, procedures, and work instructions;
• Capable use of hand and power tools including pneumatic tools;
• Ability to operate overhead cranes and mobile equipment;
• Welding and Metal fabrication experience is preferred.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities